A couple of weeks ago, I organised a very successful seminar on wealth creation in Port Harcourt, the oil city and capital of Rivers State of Nigeria where I explained the nitty- gritty of the Law of Attraction to a group of highly charged intelligentsia. Due to the enormous interest it generated, I want to summarize here for your benefit, this important law of the Mother Nature that serves as an important tool of wealth creation. What is Law of Attraction all about?
The Law of Attraction is regarded by many scholars, human resource experts, and even avatars and mystics to be the most important law of all in explaining both success and failure in life. This law postulates that you are a “living magnet” and that you invariably attract the people and circumstances into your life that harmonise with your dominant thoughts, especially those thoughts that you emotionalize strongly. Bob Proctor, the living legend of the ground- breaking film, The Secret, said: “The Secret is the law of attraction! Everything that’s coming into your life you are attracting into your life. And it’s attracted to you by virtue of the images you’re holding in your mind. It’s what you’re thinking. Whatever is going on in your mind you are attracting to you.”
The Law of Cause and Effect is a corollary of the Law of Attraction. This law says that like attracts like. It says that you inescapably attract into your life the people, ideas, circumstances, and opportunities that are in harmony with your dominant thoughts. Have you seen the way a magnet attracts a piece of iron or iron filings? That is how you attract whatever that is consistent with whatever you are thinking about most of the time. Thus, you are not what you think you are, but what you think, you are. The key point (lesson) here is that you should beware of what you think about most of the time for you will certainly get it. Hence, you should endeavour to think positively most of the time, as negative thinking would equally produce negative and often disastrous consequences.
Your thoughts create your life, and by extension, your world. The more optimistic or convinced you become, the more you will attract the goal into your life. Your thoughts will create a force field of energy that will attract the people, circumstance, ideas, opportunities, and resources that you need to achieve your goals. That is, when you change your thinking about yourself and your possibilities, you will attract into your life the forces necessary to turn those thoughts and ideas into real-life experiences. In 1905, Dr. William James of Harvard University said, “The greatest revolution of my generation is the discovery that individuals, by changing their inner attitudes of mind, can change the outer aspects of their lives.”
Generally, who have drawn wealth into their lives used the law of attraction, whether consciously or unconsciously. They think thoughts of abundance and wealth, and they do not allow any contradictory thoughts to take root in their mind. I want to recommend ten simple, workable rules for attracting the best in your life, as postulated by the late Dr. Norman Vincent Pearle:
1. Formulate and stamp indelibly on your mind a mental picture of yourself as succeeding. Hold this picture tenaciously. Never permit it to fade. Your mind will seek to develop this picture. Never think of yourself as failing; never doubt the reality of the mental image. That is most dangerous, for the mind always tries to complete what it pictures. So always picture “success” no matter how badly things seem to be going at the moment.
2. Whenever a negative thought concerning your personal powers comes to mind, deliberately voice a positive thought to cancel it out.
3. Do not build up obstacles in your imagination. Depreciate every so-called obstacle. Minimize them. Difficulties must be studied and efficiently dealt with to be eliminated, but they must be seen for only what they are. They must not be inflated by fear thoughts.
4. Do not be awestruck by other people and try to copy them. Nobody can be you as efficiently as You can. Remember also that most people, despite their confident appearance and demeanor, are often as scared as you are and as doubtful of themselves.
5. Ten times a day repeat these dynamic words, “If God be for us, who can be against us?”(Romans 8:31). (Stop reading and repeat them NOW slowly and confidently).
6. Get a competent counselor to help you understand why you do what you do. Learn the origin of your inferiority and self-doubt feelings which often begin in childhood. Self-knowledge leads to a cure.
7. Ten times each day practice the following affirmation, repeating it out loud if possible. “I can do all things through Christ which strengthened me”(Philippians 4:13). Repeat those words NOW. That magic statement is the most powerful antidote on earth to inferiority thoughts.
8. Make a true estimate of your own ability, then raise it 10 percent. Do not become egotistical, but develop a wholesome self-respect. Believe in your own God-released powers.
9. Put yourself in God’s hands. To do that simply state, “I am God’s hands.” Then believe you are NOW receiving all the power you need. Feel it flowing into you. Affirm that “the kingdom of God is within you”(Luke 17:21) in the form of adequate power to meet life’s demands.
10. Remind yourself that God is with you and nothing can defeat you. Believe that you now RECEIVE power from Him.